Bound By Design is doing our utmost to protect our staff and clients by following CDC, state, and local guidelines. As scientists learn more about the disease, regulations will continue to change, and we will continue to update our requirements as necessary. The steps we are taking are evidence-based, and we must all evaluate our personal risk profiles and make decisions that are best for ourselves and our families.
Multi-phase reopening plan
- During the initial phase from May 9th – May 17th, only tattoos were available.
- During the second phase from May 18th – June 19th, jewelry sales and limited piercings also became available.
- June 20th marked the beginning of phase three. In response to updated health department guidelines, nostril and septum piercings and jewelry change-outs are now available. Oral piercings are not available at this time. All tattoos and piercings continue to be by appointment only; please come to your appointment alone. Please contact your chosen tattoo artist directly to schedule an appointment or follow the link below to book a piercing appointment. The shop is closed from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM each day for sanitizing, and everyone must wear face coverings and respect social distancing per local requirements. You cannot enter the shop without a previously scheduled appointment.
A $25 cancellation fee will be charged for piercing appointment no-shows. Piercing appointments must be rescheduled or cancelled with at least two hours’ notice to avoid being charged the cancellation fee.
How we are keeping you safe
- We are performing frequent and regular sanitization of high-contact areas in the shop.
- All staff are performing wellness checks at the beginning of their shifts.
- We are holding regular meetings to train on new processes and protocols.
- All body artists wear appropriate PPE.
- All procedures are by appointment only.
- We are enforcing a strict maximum occupancy rule for the shop.
- We are closing for one hour in the middle of the day for rigorous cleaning.
What we need you to do
- Respect social distancing! Remain 6 feet apart.
- No friends or family allowed; please come to your appointment alone.
- Wear a mask or face covering. This is nonnegotiable, as respiratory droplets are considered the primary method of transmission. Masks are available for sale.
- Be on time for your appointment. If you are not on time, you will immediately lose your time slot and may be charged a $25 cancellation fee.
- At this time, we are only performing procedures on clients ages 16 and up. Please see piercing FAQs for ID requirements for minors.
- Bring a minimal amount of personal belongings to your appointment. They must fit inside a small bin, so do not bring large purses or backpacks.
- Understand that by setting an appointment and entering the shop, you are consenting to have your temperature taken by a representative of Bound By Design as deemed necessary.
- Data has shown that many COVID-19 cases are mild or asymptomatic, and that there are no symptoms that indicate with 100% certainty that you are infected and contagious. This means that you need to use your best judgment. If you are not feeling well, please stay home!
- Please respect the floor decals and signage indicating traffic flow and follow all instructions from the receptionists and body modification artists.