Bound By Design is doing our utmost to protect our staff and clients by following CDC, state, and local guidelines. As scientists learn more about the disease, regulations and guidelines will continue to change, and we will continue to update our requirements as necessary. The steps we are taking are evidence-based, and we must all evaluate our personal risk profiles and make decisions that are best for ourselves and our families.
Multi-phase reopening plan
- During the initial phase, we only offered tattoos, and only by appointment. Not all of our tattoo artists have returned to work, so please contact your chosen artist directly via their social media. Clients who had existing appointments are being given priority. The shop doors remained locked and the windows remained boarded at this time. Everyone must wear masks and respect social distancing per local requirements.
- The second phase begins on Monday, May 18th! We are offering piercings, change-outs, stretches, and jewelry sales. Our shop hours have been reduced to allow more time for sanitizing, and all procedures are by appointment only. Please remember that you cannot enter the shop without a previously-scheduled appointment. You can set an appointment by calling the shop at (303) 832-8282 or (303) 830-7272, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A $15 non-refundable deposit is required for all appointments.
How we are keeping you safe
- We will be performing frequent and regular sanitization of high-contact areas in the shop.
- All staff are performing wellness checks at the beginning of their shifts.
- We are holding regular meetings to train on new processes and protocols.
- All body artists will wear appropriate PPE.
- All procedures are by appointment only.
- We are enforcing a strict maximum occupancy rule for the shop.
- We are closing for one hour in the middle of the day for rigorous cleaning.
What we need you to do
- Respect social distancing! Remain 6 feet apart.
- Wear a mask or face covering. This is nonnegotiable, as respiratory droplets are considered the primary method of transmission. Masks will be available for sale eventually, but for now, bring your own.
- Pay a deposit for your appointment and then be on time for your appointment. If you are not on time, you will immediately lose your time slot and forfeit your deposit.
- Bring a minimal amount of personal belongings to your appointment. They must fit inside a small bin, so do not bring large purses or backpacks.
- Understand that by setting an appointment and entering the shop, you are consenting to have your temperature taken by a representative of Bound By Design as deemed necessary.
- Data has shown that many COVID-19 cases are mild or asymptomatic, and that there are no symptoms that indicate with 100% certainty that you are infected and contagious. This means that you need to use your best judgment. If you are not feeling well, please stay home!
- Please respect the floor decals and signage indicating traffic flow and follow all instructions from the receptionists and body modification artists.
- No friends or family allowed; please come to your appointment alone. (Please see website for additional requirements for minors. At this time, we are only performing procedures on clients ages 16 and up.)